Abstract Submission Guidance
First Latin American & Brazilian REDCapCon
General rules and abstract categories
- Abstracts must be limited to 300 words.
- Each application should specify whether it is for an Oral (interesting use case) or a Poster presentation.
- Oral presentations will be allocated 10 minutes for the presentation with an additional 5 minutes for questions and audience interaction.
- Poster presentations will be in the format and size that will be conveyed after acceptance.
Who can participate?
- You must attend the conference. This means you must be a REDCap support staff at a current partner site or a REDCap end-user.
What can be presented?
- Topics are open, but must feature REDCap as an integral part.
- Abstracts submitted for consideration must be an original idea, concept, or an improvement or revision of a previous idea.
- Submissions are peer-reviewed.
- The Scientific Programme Committee may reassign submitted presentations between the two formats (Oral or Poster) as per its discretion.
- We anticipate accepting 6 to 8 oral presentations (use cases) and 20 posters.
- Language of submission: All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Language of presentation: Presentations could be in English or Portuguese. Simultaneous English/Portuguese interpretation will be available as needed.
- All abstract submitters will be notified by email by April 1st, 2018 about the outcome (accepted or not accepted) of the review and selection process. Please ensure that the email provided is accurate as all correspondences will be sent via email.
- If the abstract is accepted, instructions and guidelines concerning the abstract presentation (Oral or Poster) will be provided online.
- All expenses (conference registration, airfare, hotel) associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract, are under the responsibility of the presenter.
Abstract content and format
We recommend you structure your abstract using the following headings:
- Proofread abstract carefully before submitting.
- Only use standard abbreviations if indicated.
- The use of tables and images in the abstract is not allowed.
- Submissions by email, fax and post will not be accepted.
- The Scientific Programme Committee and the conference attendees will score each Poster and Oral presentation.
- The top three highest-scored abstracts (Oral or Poster) will be announced during the afternoon closing session on April 27.
- Certificates for authors will be available after the abstract presentation in the conference.
Abstract submission deadline March 25, 2018
Acceptance notification deadline April 1st, 2018
Conference April 26-27, 2018
Please contact: email@example.com